7.15.2015

Brunch in Brookline

You know those people who go for brunch every weekend? (They wake up late, lazily dress and travel to restaurants and cafes for delicious delicacies.)  Well, my roommate and I always talked about becoming these "people who brunch."  Around mid February I decided to fulfill the dream and made plans with her to go to Tatte Bakery and Café for brunch. 

We traveled on a dreary weekend morning to the Brookline location and found a quaint café style shop.  Since it was cold and rainy so the outdoor seating was not set out.  However, if you brunch on a nice day, Tatte would be the perfect place to sit outside and enjoy your meal.




Upon our entrance, we were immediately met by a long line of eager customers patiently waiting to order.



I decided to use my time wisely and looked around at what they had to offer.  On the long table the bakery's larger items (such as cakes, tarts, biscotti and famous nut boxes) were displayed.


To the right, there were packaged rustic cookies constantly tempting me to buy them.







As if the bakery didn't offer enough, there were even more goodies in the refrigerator and on top of the counter.



My roommate and I were too indecisive to decide on what pastries we wanted so we just ordered sandwiches to start.  We ordered prosciutto and fig goat cheese on a crunchy loaf and scrambled eggs tomato and avocado on brioche. 


In the spirit of trying as much as we could, we split everything.  Both were equally tasty but I favored the prosciutto sandwich.  The bread was toasted to perfection and the combination of the meat and cheese was heavenly.





Then, it was back to the counter to pick up what we really wanted… sweets!




We decided on a raspberry tart box, linzer cookies, pistachio cranberry cookies and a gluten free brownie.


The shape of the tart box was amazing! I had never seen anything like it before so I couldn't resist buying it.  Not only did it look amazing but it also tasted great.  The raspberries were fresh and ripe and the cream was perfectly sweet.  As for the cookies, they buy the counter and less than a dollar so I had to try them too. Both were small yet packed with flavor.




Now, I know what you must be thinking… really? a gluten free brownie?  It was recommended to us by the worker behind the counter.  He claimed that is was one of the best goods in the bakery… and he was right! It was unbelievably dense and fudgey.


I had a great time finally going to brunch with my roommate on that cold and rainy day. Tatte Bakery and Café is a great place to go to for breakfast, lunch and brunch.  With multiple locations throughout Boston it is easily accessible and well worth the visit.




2 comments:

  1. *puts hand up* > self confessed person who brunches. A lot. Great post. Really enjoyed it. :)

    Love from London.

    Ashleigh | www.quintessentiallyme.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed my post :)

      - Daniella

      Delete